Thank you maf, welcome AlainK

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Daniel Mosquin, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi all maple enthusiasts and Maple Society members,

I'd like to extend a thank you to maf for moderating the maples area of the forum for many years. He did a great job. Unfortunately, he's had to step back from moderating duties but we hope he continues to participate for years to come.

AlainK has stepped up and offered to be a moderator for both the maples area and the Maple Society forums / usergroup. Thank you Alain, much appreciated and welcome aboard!

tiko7 likes this.
  2. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Firstly thank you Maf for doing this important job so well and for so long. It's greatly appreciated.

And thanks so much AlainK for volunteering your time to support this most important of maple resources on the web! I'm sure I speak for those of us who enjoy these forums, and all those who benefit from getting advice here, when I express my thanks.

-E

tiko7 likes this.
  3. maplesmagpie

maplesmagpie Active Member

Thank you maf, and thank you AlainK!

4. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

Thanks all for your warm welcome, and thank you maf for your involvement all through these years. I hope I will be up to the job.

It will probably take a couple of days to get familiar with the forum sofware, so be patient everyone...

5. whis4ey

whis4ey Well-Known Member 10 Years

Well done Maf ... you did good
    Good luck Alain .. I am sure you will be 'up to the job' as you put it.

6. Houzi

Houzi Active Member 10 Years

Here here,yes thankyou Maf for the 6years I've been here and the years before,and thankyou Alain for stepping in.We all appreciate the freetime you've gave and will give up to keep our wonderful meeting place running.Cheers to you both again.

7. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Please add my thanks to all the others above for a job well done over the years, you certainly corrected me (nicely) a few times on errors which i had made when i first began contributing to this page.

Alain hope you have a pleasant time officiating over the coming years. Well done and thank you to the past and the present moderators.

8. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

Thanks.

So far, not much to do. I suppose Maple enthusiasts are civilized people ;°)