Addicted?

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Alexis F, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Jaybee63

Jaybee63 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Aka shigitatsu sawa (1).JPG Aoyagi (1).JPG Asahi zuru (1).JPG Autumn red (1).JPG Beni schichihenge (1).JPG Butterfly (1).JPG Coonara pygmy (3).JPG Coral pink (4).JPG Crippsii (2).JPG Dissectum (1).JPG
    If i don't like the cultivar after growing it on for a few seasons i can pass it on to someone else. It's a risk worth taking when purchasing young grafts which are cheap.
    Some of the variegates will be plain with no variegation some seasons, or maybe the variegation is not evident until the second summer flush of growth so its worth evaluating a plant for a few years before making a final decision.

I am posting pictures of some of the non reds, although there are a few pinks.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. Jaybee63

H Elegans (2).JPG Emerald lace (1).JPG Filigree (6).JPG Flavescens (1).JPG Green cascade (1).JPG Hagoromo (5).JPG Hanami nishiki (2).JPG Jiro shidare.JPG Jordan (3).JPG Katsura (1).JPG ere are some more

3. Jaybee63

I did not realize by inserting the thumbnails, the image title is not displayed. However the file name and hence cultivar is shown in the file properties.

Here are some more.

Attached Files:

4. Jaybee63

O to S

Attached Files:

5. Alexis F

Alexis F New Member

I think the only way I can describe them is they have a sort of zingy freshness!
    If you like the greens which I do, apart from the Aoyagi it's as green as you can get.
    A description from one of the nurseries used the word lush twice.
    To be honest I've not seen a fully grown one as they think they are relatively new and I've read varying heights attributed to them from 6' to 15'

I'm planting two in my garden. I'll get back to you in...10 years?

6. Alexis F

Alexis F New Member

They all are amazing and I have loved seeing the large orange dream. It looks beautiful. I may plant one out.

7. Jaybee63

I will post a few more when time allows. I find orange dream full of vigour, it's in shade and loves the location.