nice set of maple pictures

Discussion in 'Maples' started by paxi, Dec 6, 2010.

1. paxi

paxi Active Member

2. maf

maf Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Paxi, thanks for posting this, some of those pictures are fantastic. I love the view of a large dissectum from inside the canopy where you can see the branching structure, and some of those photos are very well executed pictures of very well structured dissectums.

Surprised nobody had replied before now, considering the thread has had over 220 views; I guess that means they all agree the photos were worth viewing.

3. MarkVIIIMarc

MarkVIIIMarc Active Member

Thanks for the link. I did some backwards clicking and found even more there. Good stuff. Now I have a new background pic on my phone.

How did you stumble upon it? Just the other night I was looking for something like that after browsing my usual digitalblasphemy.com and deviantart.com

4. paxi

paxi Active Member

oh, in trying to figure out how to use my camera, I found pbase.com Great maple pics abound by putting "maples" into the search engine.

Here's another set (not my pics) from Lost Maples Park in Texas:

http://www.pbase.com/richo/fall_lost_maples

from Wikipedia:

"Among the trees are American Sycamore (Platanus occidentalis), Bald Cypress (Taxodium distichum), Black Walnut (Juglans nigra), Pecan (Carya illinoinensis), Green Ash (Fraxinus pennsylvanica), Black Willow (Salix nigra), Chinkapin Oak (Quercus muehlenbergii), Lacey Oak (Quercus laceyi), Texas Red Oak (Quercus buckleyi), Juniper, Florida Basswood (Tilia caroliniana) and Bigtooth Maple (Acer grandidentatum) (the latter of which was discovered far removed from any maple forest, and thus gave the area the name "lost maples")."