why can't i upload pics to my albums?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by leaf kotasek, Jan 1, 2010.

1. leaf kotasek

leaf kotasek Active Member

how do i post pics in my albums? i've created albums and i thought i uploaded pics--- but it says "n/a" underneath the album name.

did i do something wrong or am i just waiting for my pics to be checked out by a moderator? thanks!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I'm still trying to sort out the album functionality. For a brief time, there was a slight concern with space on the server where I limited the albums a bit, but now that I've cleared out a bunch of log files, there's plenty of room again. I haven't come back to fixing the albums though. I would like to see the albums be more useful than just an image repository, though -- and so if it can wait a bit, I think albums are handled much better in the new version of the software, which was released just before Christmas. I'll likely be able to install it by the end of the month, once I figure out what it will break in terms of customizations on the board (and all the other work to do this month).

3. leaf kotasek

leaf kotasek Active Member

good to know it wasn't just plain silliness on my part. thanks, daniel!

4. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

It said something about our being able to see all our photos posted in the various forums. I'm keen to see what that means, like whether we'd even need separate albums then, or when we see all our photos, can we also file them in albums, and can we see all of another person's photos. I guess we'd still need an album for our avatar photo.