: ) seeds you have, and seeds you want...

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by The Hollyberry Lady, May 11, 2009.

1. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Wow, thanks for all the information Sherry and no doubt when i do receive it, i will be full of questions.

2. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Goodness, I have cosmos galore too! LoL.

Ok, wow about the Brugmansia! Here's the kinds she sent me...

~ Kylis pink
    ~ Rosa Pearl
    ~ Uconn Treasure
    ~ Harrenhouser Garten

I don't even know what the plant looks like yet! It sound pretty spectacular though. Thanks for the tips on how to root the cuttings Penny, because I really didn't know.

Too cool that we both got cuttings that were the same! Mine came from Cleveland, Ohio. If you want to grow a dwarf fig tree Penny, I could arrange cuttings from my own plant to send you? One is called 'dwarf fig negronne' and the other is 'Atreano'.

I have wanted to grow figs for such a long time, so this is just way too cool. I know I can root them, and grow them into lovely trees over the winter, using my halide.

: )

3. The Hollyberry Lady

We can ask questions together about our banana plants - I do all the time. I just love learning about how to grow them. I have tons to learn yet, but nothing beats the hands on experience when you actually have one to grow - which you will very shortly.

Ohhhh I am excited to send it to you! You will fall in love, when it gets going for you, Penny.

4. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

That is kind of funny isnt it....my cutting came from West Virginia.

I was told that until you have actual visible roots on the bottom of the cutting, to change the water at least every other day and not to put it into tap water, to get rid of the chlorene first or it would probably kill it before it got a chance to get going.

5. The Hollyberry Lady

Thank you so much for passing that on, Penny! Very valuable information, and I have corrected the tap water I was using just a few minutes ago. I will use nothing but purified water from now on.

6. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Perfect, glad i posted it and you changed it, now we wait :)

Gonna go for a bit, want to get my cleaning done, check in later on.

7. The Hollyberry Lady

Ok, have a good one...

8. Claudia6

Claudia6 Member

Good morning, wow thats nice a little fig must b so cute. I have a fig tree but is not a tree yet lol still really small, i bought the cutting fom a lady and it has grown a tiny bit. I hope i get seeds today but i know i wont b playing with them as i have a sick kid :( Is so exciting to hear about u guys getting plants and seeds, i get excited like i was the one getting them :)

9. The Hollyberry Lady

Sorry to hear about your sick kid - hope they feel better soon.

Gotta go tend to my little Henry (budgie in pic below). He wants his treat...

10. robv187

robv187 Member

Hi everyone, wow 4 days with no replies? Guess we're all busy at the moment. Any news anyone? How are your seeds coming along hollyberry lady?

11. Claudia6

Claudia6 Member

Wow yeah 4 days, well i have been busy with my 10year old been sick but much better now.How r u Rob? how is everybody? I found some green lil bugs on my walking onions so i gogle it and found that is Aphids? at least looks like it. I hope i can get rid of them.

12. robv187

robv187 Member

aphids are bad claudia, they'll chew them up in no time, you'll want to get rid of them asap. I don't know too much on removing them, but i "think" that soapy water is one way. Sorry to hear about your 10 year old being sick, but i'm happy that they're feeling better now. I'm not too bad, but i could be better lol, we all have problems I guess though. Hope you're able to get rid of those aphids claudia.

13. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Hi everyone,

Yep, its that time of the year.....i am so happy, my Brug cuttings that i got last week and have had them rooting, have little wee sprouts on them...............YAAAA!!
    Aphids are indeed bad Claudia, find a good insecticidal soap, or somewhere on here is a recipe from Sherry, PM her and ask, but you need to get rid of them quickly.
    I had them outdoors last summer on a brand new hanging basket and they destroyed it, i had a soap but i caught them too late i guess.

14. Claudia6

Claudia6 Member

Good morning guys, i have been spraying water since i notice them, i google and it says that soap and water should do the trick so i will try that today, i hope it works if it doesnt i am gonna have to go buy something to kil those lil guys

15. The Hollyberry Lady

Hello, yes, I have been pretty busy these last few days, and I will be busy this week too. Thanksgiving is this coming weekend!

: O

Yes, dishsoapy water will rid the buggers (aphids), and hard sprays of water (showers) once or twice a week will keep them away.

No new developments with any seeds yet, Rob. Remember I told you it would be awhile for these ones? We have a long wait ahead. I just get nervous because eBay seeds are so iffy. We'll see...

Sorry to hear about your child, Claudia. Poor thing - hope good health and wellness return soon. It's that time of year though, and a lot of people are sick right now.

I have not forgot about anyone, in terms of mailing seeds - have everything wrote down. Just busy now, but I will get stuff out to people ASAP. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Great about your Brugmansia cutting Penny. Mine too began to grow shoots within a couple of days being in water. Here are two, of the four types she mailed me...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  16. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

17. The Hollyberry Lady

Yes, myself, Penny, ShearMe, Lorax, and Blake09 are all members of the International Banana Society. It is a wonderful forum. Much more laid back - yet very informative too.

18. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

Yes its awsome site, of corse this site is awsome too! :D

I got my first banana plant on the 2nd week I joined for free!! Of corse I paid for shiping but it came from from S.C. coast so it was under $6.00 and in 2 days I got it!!

:)

19. The Hollyberry Lady

Funny, I got my first banana plant from someone on UBC - completely for free!!!

: o

20. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Both sites are good,

I too was offered a banana plant the first week, but mine hasnt come, and its now a month tomorrow, so i have kind of given up hope on it......... :(

21. The Hollyberry Lady

Didn't the person even try to check on it for you? Do they know you're still waiting?

: O

22. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

They do and they have offered to try and send another.

23. Hi,

I'm looking to diversify my holdings as well. I'll get back wi'chu and let you know what I've got.

Panchito

24. The Hollyberry Lady

Sounds good, Panchito.

Wow Penny, is that ever nice. Ask them to get a tracking number and then it can't go missing.

25. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Hi all, sorry to have been away. I have seeds for species Canna tuerkhamii and will shortly have Yellow Framboyan (Delonix of some sort) as well as classic Red Framboyan (Delonix regia). I can also get Heliconia bijao and Canna 'Achira' if anybody's into that.

I'm looking for Bok Choy and the other Oriental greens.