Post a peek of yourself here...

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by The Hollyberry Lady, Jun 10, 2009.

1. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Oh Tugo - you look great! What a lovely smile you have. Thank you so much for not being shy, and joining the friendly chat and fellowship.

Now I know who I have been giving nelumbo advice to - and you now know who you've been receiving it from!

This is really very nice.

: )

2. tugo

tugo Active Member

Thanks. It was your good idea to give the participants to get to know each other, not to face to face but atleast photo to photo.

Three nelumbo seedlings, grown after your experience, are lying down some where in this pond. Hope to post their flower pics next season.
    DSC01088.jpg

3. The Hollyberry Lady

Oh wow - that pond is gorgeous Tugo! Thanks for the fabulous pic. Looks so good.

: O

4. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Rubbish! I had 'forum Canada' friends, people who had never even met me in real life. We became friends and I was invited over for as long as I wanted to stay with them but I declined because I had never flown before.

What they did instead was send me a beautiful xmas gift box with goodies.

I love the Canadians. They are warm and friendly towards people. Actually. I love most people from overseas..with some exceptions.

Also vic, this thread is for pictures of the members with a 'small' intro only..or should be..your RED HOT CHILLY PEPPER posting belongs in the veg plot lolol and totally unrelated to our image thread.

Tugo,

A nice image of you and your pet!

5. tugo

tugo Active Member

Thanks Katalina:))

Yes let's approach positive and with love to every living being. There may be exceptions in every community but they are not important, I believe.

6. Nath

Nath Active Member

Hi Hollyberry Lady,

I've had such a laugh reading through all the posts on thsi string and putting faces to names. Well done you! So here are a few pics.

Nath S8000439.JPG

S8002533.jpg

S8002875.jpg

7. The Hollyberry Lady

Welcome Nath!

I am so glad you are enjoying the thread. Thanks for the great shots of you - you look like a cool guy.

8. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Its the only way Tugo towards world peace.

Nath, nice pics. Love the image backdrop red jacket pic.

9. tugo

tugo Active Member

Nath, thanks for the nice pictures.
    May I ask you, where you got your shirt in the first pic? Designs (application,or print what ever) seemed to me interesting, resembling similar ones from some part of our country. Thanks

10. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Hello Tugo.. What a loooooovely doggie.. Makes me miss our 5 dogs we had to leave (adopted) in South Africa. Financially imposible to bring to Canada..Its more expensive for a dog than a human with all the Kennels etc..
    more than 25 years ago I used to work in Turkey near Bodrum and lived in Kushadasi. What a gorgeous country! I miss the water the beaches the food.
    We used to 'windsurf" with "club Med Sport Geos from Kushadasi to the small Greek Island across...( I can not remember the name ) past the Ferry people would scream and wave at us hysterrically. We had our passports tied in waterproof pouches around the waist. I still have the pouch..I wish I had a small waterproof camera then.
    Kushadasi had this EX Harem turned into a Club Med Restaurant in town where one could eat lying down on exotic Carpets like the Romans etc.. ahhh and the stunning snow colored waterfalls of Pamukkale come to my mind http://www.turizm.net/cities/pamukkale/ and Ephesus the amazing archeological site excavated by some Austrians... then ..
    http://www.sailturkey.com/panoramas/ephesus/streets.html.
    one post from an exotic location and my mind goes wantering.. Guneiden..is all I remember..

11. tugo

tugo Active Member

Thanks Vic. Me too have been there last 25 years ago:)) They killed the nature over there in the sake of tourism. All that area is a huge discotheque in my opinion, now. Also too much crowded. But every country has some secret natural beauties.

12. vicarious1

Turkey has a lot ... waouuh did i just see a gorgeous POND ....so nice Bravo did you make it . what area of Turkey are you at. I have travelled across the country.. Love the South ...and many more places... I have seen on TV near the Irak border there is a a place where they found mosaics that would lay Pompeii to shame but they want to make a water reserve and maybe sink it all but now some are fighting to RAISE all the mosaics to safe level and make a world class tourist attraction.. Can't recall the name it was on BBC last year but looked absolutley beautiful colors huge sizes and intricate pattern of floor mosaics.. Since then never heard of it again ...

13. The Hollyberry Lady

While we're waiting for an answer from Tugo - here is what I will be adding to my spaghetti dinner tomorrow night!

For those of you wanting to get to know The Hollyberry Lady a bit more - I am addicted to peppers! Totally and utterly.

Thank you to the person from Portugal on this forum, who did a seed trade with me back in the winter, and set me up with this great variety of hot pepper called, 'Trifetti Variegata'.

The fruits are edible, delicious, and ornamental...

Sherry

Attached Files:

14. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Take a peek at the pretty little flowers I found growing wild! With mostly no water where it was located, I figured it could get a little parched so dug it up and put it into a nice pot with soil much more nutritious than the clay stuff we got by the garbage cans.

I might have shocked them, they did not reopen today after closing for the night, but the stalk has not wilted so I'm confident the lil bugger will survive.

Attached Files:

15. vicarious1

They look like wild "Forget me not" ?

16. vicarious1

You have not tried my partners Szechuan cooking..This province of China is known for the HOTTEST FOOD in the world !! It rare we have nothing spicy in this home :-)
    There are a few super hot additives that sell in Canada in the Chinese Food Stores like T&T ....to spice up ANYTHING:-)..
    We also have grown peppers last year but this year not... due to the late strong winter..

17. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

No, "Forget me not" is blue :P

Micheal F ID'd these as a type of Centaurium. They are annuals, so if they seed I can grow more next year. ^,^

18. The Hollyberry Lady

They look like forget-me-nots to me too - there is a pink variety available. They spread in the garden like crazy!

Thanks ShearMe - very lovely.

19. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

In fact, I have no need to wonder: I share, understand, and fully grok this feeling. Yikes. --- Even worse: when one is UNAWARE that a camera scans the crowd.

20. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Oh I did not know about the pink variety, but none-the-less, the petals are not the same. :P

If they were forget me nots, I'd have bunches of little flowers to weed out of the grass spreading in the flower beds! :O

21. The Hollyberry Lady

What do you believe they are, ShearMe?

Togata57!!!

Long time no chat, my friend. Oh come now - you are actually going to chicken out on me?!!!

: O

I wanna see ya! Not even a side view, or one of you bent over in the garden? If it seems like I am putting you on the spot, it's because I am!

* I think the new rule should be, if you don't post your pic, you get the boot! Just teasing, of course. Too funny.

So I guess I'll just have to keep imagining you as a 4 and 1/2 inch tall, blue haired person, wearing clogs, and smoking a big cigar!!! Isn't that how you told me you looked, Togata?

A picture would curb these imaginings, you know...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  22. vicarious1

GENS TOGATA Gens Togata The nation which wore the toga. The Greeks wore the "pallium" and were called Gens palliata. Source: Brewer's Dictionary.
    So more like tall slender 6feet at least and always gracious like a Greek /Roman statue...:-)

23. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi Everyone,
    It's me again;) *Peeks around the hedge* Now that we are encouraged to post again Miz Hollyberry(;) I have one. By the way, I have acquired quite a few good pics in the last couple weeks. I have been busy! Vic, I loved the Chili Pepper post, plus your previous post regarding "Bleeding Heart's", has been demonstrated and enjoyed:) Tugo and Katalina "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, this world will truly know peace." A few pics from my weekend (before and after work.) As well before I forget, Vicarious I would love to know where to get Szechuan peppercorns locally(lower mainland), as my little jar of oral numbness has run out. I understand they were actually under an import ban for a few years(USFDA inspired I'm sure). I have tryed numerous places and as we have a relatively low Chinese population in my community, no dice:( At any rate tell me to shut up if I am being annoying people:)

Attached Files:

24. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi Shearme,
    It was neat to see your little rescue effort on the Forget-me-nots. Lynn loved it:) I rescued this little guy in the same fashion a few weeks back:) Plus some Lupins which are now flourishing. The Lupin picture is close to where I got them, beside the Johnny Jump-up growing in virtually straight sand.

Attached Files:

25. tugo

tugo Active Member

The place called Hasankeyf, a center of civilisation from thousands of years ago and unfortunately they are going to build a dam, that will last only 50-60 years maximum, to produce electricity. This is not possible to understand, clearing the thraces of thoushands of years for a 50 year benefit. But thanks to the strong opposition to the project and on the other hand some organisations start several rescue operations also.

Not possible for me to understand such a behavior of the politicians.

http://www.hasankeyfgirisimi.com/en/index-Dateien/maps.htm