Garden Photos

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Acoma, May 30, 2009.

1. Acoma

Acoma Active Member

OK. It is time for some of us with digital cameras to document our progress. I unfortunately do not have a digital camera (yet) but that does not mean some of those on our forum, offering great, frequent advice, can get away with not showing off their garden's work. I know Durgan does it with everything, but he can show his progress link here too. Let's hear it from ALL of you out there, new or veteran, with some shots of your garden. Now is the time to show it off, not winter seeds. If you are shy, so is the garden.

2. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

I almost have a camera. No. one son has offered me a spare but then the kids will need to show me how to load it to the computer. I have just missed the autumn glory of the Wisteria, hopefully the spring flowering will get documented.

Liz

3. monkeydog

monkeydog Active Member

Acoma...You've got to get digital, would like to see what you've got growing!

I have several areas planted or about to be planted, I took a shot of just a couple of them. The first pic is one of the two areas we have devoted to tomatos this year. The large plants in the back are Better Boys, and the rest are a mix of early girl, amish paste, and rutgers, all staggered a bit in their planting times.

The next pic has some Kentucky Wonder beans doing good and 4 rows of okra That just sprouted up a couple days ago. I only had the 4 rows ready to plant at the time, and the leftover seeds that I had could not be saved as I had soaked them and hot-shot them with bleach. So I just threw them out randomly around the area thinking that was the end of it... you can see to the left of the beans and okra about 150 more little okra sprouts. And of course they all came up right where my peppers and second planting of beans are slated to go!

I was planning on putting in a few more rows of okra anyway, but now I must decide whether to transplant all the little guys into a few rows to make room for the peppers or just till them all up and plant some more seeds. I hate to till them up since they did come up, but then again, that's alot of transplanting!

Watermelons, ground cherries, and tomatillos are also growing in other spots, as well as sweet basil seedlings that I'm fixing to move from to porch and plant around the tomatos.

Attached Files:

4. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

Some of my flowers and my vegies...

1 picture: tomatoes
    2 picture: strawbery row
    3 picture: some strawberries
    4 picture: L shape, just planted wild flowers
    5 picture: view of the whole field
    6 picture: squash, cucumber

*Ill add some more tommrow*

Attached Files:

5. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

Picture 7: Cantaloupe row
    Picture 8: close up of the Cantaloupe
    Picture 9: watermellon row
    Picture 10: Close up of bird house gourd
    Picture 11: all the rest mammoth sunflowers
    Picture 12: close up of mammoth sunflower
    Picture 13: lima beans

I may not have these in the correct order but I did the best I could

Attached Files:

6. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

almost frogot my table of tomatoes. They will be planted where there is blank space "on the other side of the L shaped wild flowers"

Attached Files:

7. worldharmony

worldharmony Active Member

Hello, everyone. I'm a new gardener and new to this forum. I have six raised beds in the back yard, filled with all sorts of things from berries to melons to herbs to vegetables. We just planted and sowed outdoors after the last frost. Here's our plot (it gets shade after 4pm on the north side). Oops- I don't know how to post photos here, as there is no photo icon! Do I have to link/embed from another site like Flickr?

8. monkeydog

monkeydog Active Member

Look at the side bar on top of this page titled "forum help". Click on "attaching images".

9. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

To my way of thinking, gardening is all about pictures. Photography has advanced so much over the last ten years that everybody has access to a method of producing photos at no cost after the initial investment. The forums are full of long winded prose when a simple series of pictures would depict the information at a glance. It is hard to get the old fogies out of their ingrained mind-set. Here is what to aim for.
    http://www.durgan.org/URL/?GardenE 24 May 2009 Edible Garden Zone 5B
    Get with it.

10. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

Enough of the old fogies :)

Liz

11. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Yes, a picture says a thousand words, doesn't it?!!!

On and on and on about all the wonderful plants they're growing, but you'd never see so much as a single shot!!!

: O

LoL. I plan on posting many peeks of my gardens, when the weather finally gets warm enough for me to have one, that is. All my seedlings are raised indoors, and so I am reluctant to put most of them out just yet. I have put a few things out, though. My passion flower vine is outside, but is waiting for warmer weather.

Too funny Acoma, that you are telling people they should post pics - where are yours?!!! I just got my digital camera a month ago, and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I may have to get a 2nd one now, in case this one breaks down on me! I am that attached.

Hope you will treat yourself to one soon - you'll love it! You don't have to spend a fortune, just something reasonable that takes a nice shot. All my winter pics were taken with my web cam, but the DC is so much better.

Not to worry, my pics will be forthcoming, but likely later into the summer. I like to take shots when things are at their best, not just getting started.

Thanks for the pictures posted in this thread already - everything looks great. Good luck.

: )

12. Acoma

Acoma Active Member

I have plenty of experience with a digital camera. I documented a brick oven wood fired oven build over a year ago. Put the camera to rest. I will likely get one over the next week. My garden is going birzerk. Enough about the people (me) without photos, this is for those with photos.. :)

13. The Hollyberry Lady

Ok, here's pics of my Spring gardens (posted elsewhere too), but my summer garden pics will be taken when everything is blooming and thriving.

I am the gardener at the apartment building I reside at, but I do it for free! I planted 320 Spring bulbs last Fall, and this was the result this Spring. The tenants just loved it...

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      190.9 KB
      Views:
    • 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      231.8 KB
      Views:
    • 046.jpg
      046.jpg
      File size:
      241.9 KB
      Views:
    • 051.jpg
      051.jpg
      File size:
      173.2 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      197.9 KB
      Views:
    • 050.jpg
      050.jpg
      File size:
      184.3 KB
      Views:
  14. JanR

JanR Active Member

I finally took some pictures of my gardens. I feel like I'm a good month behind normal as I am just starting to get some of the beds ready.

1. Raised tomato bed
    2. 4 X 4 bed with lettuce, peas, radishes, beet, carrots, swiss chard
    3. An overview of my raised beds
    4. The main garden
    5. Long skinny raised beds for peas, beans, squashes and cukes
    6. Showing newly made raised beds, with a row a leeks, onions and potatoes on the right hand side. I don't know what I am planting in what bed yet as there are still lots more to make.

Attached Files:

15. The Hollyberry Lady

Wow JanR - you've sure got lots of room to work with! I am mailing your seeds tonight. Can't wait to see your gardens in August! Thanks for the great pics.

16. JanR

JanR Active Member

If it doesn't get warm soon, I won't be able to grow much. :( I am so tired of cold wet weather. It is supposed to rain for the next four days. It was down to 1 degree C, only yesterday. There are no more lows below 7 degrees in the future, so I hopefully going to get planting, rain or not. :)

17. The Hollyberry Lady

I hear ya JanR - weather's the same here too!

: (

18. Acoma

Acoma Active Member

We have had 10 days of rain and cool whether too Jan. Our day temps in the 60's.

19. monkeydog

monkeydog Active Member

Hope you get your warm weather soon, Jan. That's some beautiful black soil you have. If a person could combine my weather with your dirt...!

20. Acoma

Acoma Active Member

This is great. Fantastic gardens from those participating in this thread. Unfortunately we have so many shy members (or guests) that feel theirs deserve no credit. I just saw a post by a newbee with great container gardening skills. come on members and guests, lets see yours too. Oh ya, it is ok for the moderators to post theirs.....

21. Freyja

Freyja Active Member

I actually hit "new thread" by mistake instead of "reply" when I posted my garden photos, so I'll cross-post them here as well to have the photos in one place, and hopefully encourage others to post their photos as well. Love seeing them all!

Here is my little garden:

Attached Files:

22. The Hollyberry Lady

Wow, your beans, herbs, and tomato plants look terrific Freyja! Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

23. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

lmaooooooooo at old fogies...hahahaahahahaha

Nice images and that Jan one and all that room...sigh...

...If I ever win that lottery.

24. monkeydog

monkeydog Active Member

Time To Cut The Okra!

Cut the summers first okra today. Also picked a better boy and some basil. Fry that okra up with some hog jowl and minced garlic, then stew with that better boy and basil....Mmmm, make your tongue beat your face up trying to get to it!

Attached Files:

25. The Hollyberry Lady

Me wanna come to your house for dinner! Mmmmmmm.