Zinnia flowers

Discussion in 'Botany Photo of the Day Submissions' started by carlos, Jul 29, 2006.

1. carlos

carlos Member

huge flowers on plants approximately 5 feet tall. These are the giants of california, which constantly bloom all summer long. As cut flowers, they survive for about a week in a vase with water.

Attached Files:

• z3.jpg
      z3.jpg
      File size:
      263.5 KB
      Views:
  2. davidh75

davidh75 Member

i wanted to send a response to this post, because i grew Zinnia's for the first time this year, what i did is planted the seeds in a starter peet pot's, and then when the seedlings were approximately 6 inchs high, i transferred 4 plants into a plastic container, which was about 4-6 inchs round. i was doing this all during the winter months, it is currently february 26th,2008 and my zinnia's have flowered and growing quite well for being inside, in a container, and in the middle of winter, they are almost 2 feet in height and each has put flowers on as well as their petals have opened up and are lovely. im growing many other things, experimenting with what i can grow and what i cant, and so far, im having luck with everything, including a lemon seedling, 2 tomato plants, 2 date palm seedlings, zeenias enemone's, patho's, avacado plants, apple seedlings, here is a picture of one of my Zinnia's.. enjoy!:-)

Attached Files:

3. Chungii V

Chungii V Active Member

WOW well done David for getting them growing and flowering indoors! Once again I am amazed at what can be grown inside with the right care :}