Zee zee plant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by LisaDuh, Aug 31, 2016.

1. LisaDuh

LisaDuh New Member

Hello.. so glad I found this site.. PLEASE help... found a zee zee in a abandoned home... love the little girl.. but she has LOTS of cut off stocks. .. can I clean her as you would do when
    Hello. . So happy with these forums and the knowledge everyone shares... so I had a zee zee plant passed on to me... I really like it BUT it has at least 6 stocks cut.. and 3 healthy ones. .

I am wondering if I can take it out of the small 4" pot... clean the roots and hulbs and replant ... or can I get the stoc
    transplanting .. seen by the pics. . She seems crowded.. .. please feedback appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

3. LisaDuh

LisaDuh New Member

Cool beans .. thanks junglekeeper. .

4. LisaDuh

LisaDuh New Member

Hello ... so reporting today... I have LOTS of stems .. any advice ....as the second picture shows the little growth .. patiently waiting feedback before I start

Attached Files:

5. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I'm not sure what you're waiting for us to tell you. The second article Junglekeeper linked to shows how to divide it and pot it up and shows some pot sizes. If you cut off the half that doesn't have any current growth, then it would seem that you have plenty of room for new soil in the same pot, and that would do for a while. I wouldn't do too much root cleaning - you don't want to injure any of the roots on the side you're keeping, beyond the major cut.

6. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I would divide up the rhizomes giving attention to minimizing damage to the roots of the ones I intend to keep. Throw away the remainder or pot them up separately and see if any of them will regenerate; you may not get new growth from the broken 'stems' but may, in time, get some from the rhizomes.