Wrinkly Rope Hoya

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Sabrina Raber, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Sabrina Raber

Sabrina Raber New Member

Hi friends!

I have kind of an anti-green thumb and have accidentally killed a couple plants. I just bought a rope Hoya and I love it to pieces, but recently it's been turning wrinkly. It's really only one rope and a little bit of the base. I have watered it more than I thought, but it's been dry. I live in South Carolina where it is quite hot here.

Any and all thoughts appreciated! Thank you!

2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Is this indoors our outdoors?
    Do you want to show us a photo?

3. Sabrina Raber

Sabrina Raber New Member

It is currently indoors and near a window but not in direct light.

Attached Files:

4. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Since it's new, before watering it again, when you think it's time to water, remove it from the pot to see what's going on - is it root bound, or is there a reasonable amount of soil? Is the soil in fact almost dry, or is it more wet than you thought? If it seems like it really is dry and it's time for water, when you put it back the pot, lift the pot to see how light it feels. After you water it, make sure there is no water sitting in the dish. Then pick up the pot to feel how heavy it is. Make sure you don't water it when it feels as heavy as it does after you watered it.