Why?? why........ :(

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by jpasquini, Mar 16, 2018.

1. jpasquini

jpasquini Active Member 10 Years

I purchased three of these little purple empress seedlings off Ebay and when they delivered they looked fine.
    Of course in my area of the Midwest, its still getting lows 28, 30, even a 25.
    So, I did everything I could to keep them alive until they could be planted outside. I transferred them to biodegradable pots, used choice topsoil, kept watered but not too watered.... under expensive grow lamps in basemement (you can see the red from the grow lamp, in pic 1)
    And I've watched them slowly deteriorate. I'm now down to 2, as far as I can see and they are starting their death throws.
    What in the world am I doing wrong? Its only been less than a week so far. I can try a last ditch effort to plant them outside, but I'm afraid its just too cold right now. However, we may have spring temps here in a matter of weeks- long after they're dead, apparently it looks like.

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Don't know what the problem is but if going through the list of usual suspects...how's the humidity? You might try raising it by propping up a clear plastic bag over the plant using a small stake then misting the inside. Be careful the temperature inside doesn't get too high from the lamps.

3. jpasquini

jpasquini Active Member 10 Years

Well one is now totally gone, two going fast. Bring out your dead.... bring out your dead........