British Columbia: Where can one get Romneya coulteri plants or divisions?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by andree, Sep 20, 2011.

1. andree

andree Member

I have just had the chance to make a garden for my children in Victoria. I was stumped when it came to buying a Romneya coulteri plant. Many sites on the web tell me they are nearly impossible to get to germinate.
    Does anybody out there, in Vancouver or Victoria, have a plant to sell or a division?

andree

2. robyn

robyn Active Member 10 Years

Nurseries do have them from time to time, but due to the difficulty in prop'ing them, not regularly. I would call the in the spring, and get them to call you if they become available. Nurseries do try to get them in when they can as they are coveted!

3. Larry695

Larry695 New Member

Hi... I put in a Romneya-coulteri this spring and it has just flowered... purchased from Michelle Garden Center on Island View Road just off the Pat Bay Highway where they have a store and pumpkin patch in the fall....
    The one I puchase was about 12" now about 4 feeT planted and nursed along since May. Made a special place for it that is well drained.... mixed the soil sand gravel and gardening soil for it even put a little burned charcoal from my burn pile left over from spring burn day.... pictures attached....one shows it closing up at night...very interesting..

They were planted last year and doing really well...lots of buds and great blooms.... 20180706_170020.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2018
    Daniel Mosquin likes this.