What's wrong with my roses?

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by HK77, Oct 28, 2009.

1. HK77

HK77 Active Member

Hi All,

I live in a tropical country and rainy season is about to finish. So, I start to take good care of my roses again and today found out a lot of rose plants in terrible condition. Between them, I've found something abnormal on the canes of 5-6 roses. I don't really know what are they and whether they are normal or not. If they are diseases, please help me how to get rid of them. I've attached photos of one of the cane I've cut from these plants.

Thanks,
    HK77

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. HK77

HK77 Active Member

Couldn't Anyone help me figure out what's wrong with my roses? I'm really a novice in gardening and don't know what to do. I've googled roses diseases but I can't really figure out whether these are rose cankers or other infections. No matter what it's, I still really don't know how to treat them. I'm really looking forward to your help.

Thanks,
    HK77

3. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

I'm not sure about this, but it appears that the rose stems are covered with small scale insects. See if you can scratch them off with a fingernail.

4. HK77

HK77 Active Member

Yes, I can scratch them off easily with my fingernail.