What is this growing in all of my plants soil? (Pics below)

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by T311, Feb 24, 2016.

1. T311

T311 Member

Please Help &)
    This is in my bonsai tree that I have had for years.. I started other indoor plants about three months ago. I firstly procured a Golden Pothos. Things were going well, I became pretty confident with my newly found green thumb and started adding to my collection. When I got my 8th plant things started going down hill; one of the problems I have is this.. [(White mold)Maybe] it has now spread to EVERYTHING NNNNOOO..got all of my plants from different Nurseries, I sterilized all my soil, used different kinds of soil in all the plants. The plants are in separate rooms with fans and closed doors. Why do bad things happen to good plants? I think I over-watered a few but not this bad. Can I put some Probiotics that I eat(Nature's Bounty) in the soil? How do I rid my plants of this evil? How can I make my soil healthier?

Attached Files:

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

I get that on my soil sometimes, often in seed pots and things that are kept very moist. I don't think probiotics would be helpful. Some people sprinkle cinnamon on stuff like that. I would think, a bit drier conditions, more sunlight and a layer of gravel or sand on the surface might help.