What is the name of this flowering plant?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Clent Spears, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Clent Spears

Clent Spears New Member

I bought this flowering plant yesterday, I am very sorry I did not bought the one with the flowers cuz I can get a lower price if I'll just get the one with buds only. BUT I am very sure that the flowers looks like a Stokesia and are quite larger the size of a typical spray chrysanthemums. The seller told me that the name of this cute plant is 'Chabelita'. I know I got trouble with the naming cuz sellers here in the Philippines are fond of inventing names. The flowers look exactly like Stokesia but the leaves are very different, and it doesn't have a pointed tip. It has a lot of baby plants surrounding on the mother plant.

Picture on the right shows the real stokesia, but the real stokesia has pointed leaves.

Attached Files:

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

1. Can you please add a pic with a clear close up of what appears to be the flower.
    Miniscule 4 petal white ..or am I imagining it?

3. Andrey Zharkikh

Andrey Zharkikh Well-Known Member 10 Years

I count five petals. Quite asymmetrical - some have four petals on one side and one opposite them.

4. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

I am assuming that image 2 is just there to show a Stokesia flower and is not the new plant recently purchased..
    Clent said he/she bought one without flowers.

Image 1. 15052079_893194434114774_684826615_o.jpg I tried blowing up the pic...this is the best I can get...which isn't anything like clear enough.

"Miniscule 4 petal white ..or am I imagining it?"???????

5. Andrey Zharkikh

Andrey Zharkikh Well-Known Member 10 Years

I should have read the original comments, first... :(
    Now, I see what you are talking about. It is an unexpected place for a flower.