What is an Organic fertilizer?

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by cowboy, Dec 5, 2008.

1. greengarden bev

greengarden bev Active Member

Bob, why don't you just read and respond to the article? You might actually learn something from it. And if you disagree with some of Heinberg's points, you can refute them here.

And what, for that matter, are YOUR credentials? Just because you don't have any doesn't mean that no one ought to read your posts or take you seriously enough to respond. Judge an argument on its merit.

Here is Heinberg's bio (as pdf), easily available on his web site:
    http://www.richardheinberg.com/sites/default/files/Richard_Heinberg_CV.pdf

Having written eight books that have been translated into several languages, he has most certainly spent "time in front of a desk".

2. bob 2

bob 2 Active Member

Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote 27 Tarzan of the Apes books with never having set foot in the jungle!
    Your Heinberg is no Burroughs.

People, particularly today, can write whatever they please and some greedy publisher will edit it and sell it to some self righteous cult group for big bucks. With the internet the guilt is compounded with more greed and avarice so abundant here.

Now this is definitely what I would call Organic fertilizer

3. greengarden bev

greengarden bev Active Member

Well I know a LOT of poor farmers.

Millet, I'm certain you're not completely irrational. You can make a better comeback than that. The fact that you personally don't know any poor farmers has nothing to do with the state of farm incomes. I can't believe I have to explain this.

Here is the Canadian Federation of Agriculture's publication "Measuring the Farm Income Crisis" (revised 2007)
    http://www.cfa-fca.ca/upload/Measuring the Farm Income Crisis General (March, 2007).pdf

This situation looks different in the USA, of course, where subsidies skew things.

Bev