What happened to my post?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by JasonRemy, Apr 13, 2006.

1. JasonRemy

JasonRemy Member

I put up a long post hoping to help another member with an organic gardening problem, but when I came back today to see their response, it was gone... I'm sure I wasn't in the Test Bed when I did it and I even used the "Find Your Posts" thing to find it, but it's nowhere. Another two posts I put up do come up though...Pretty frustrating cause it was a long one... Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Jason

2. oscar

oscar Active Member

If you take too long over a post, i believe you get logged off the board......or possibly when you hit submit it just failed to submit the post (happens im affraid)

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Sorry for the tardy reply - I was enjoying the long weekend we had here in Canada.

Anyway, the post was moved to an admin area because of the links it contained. I'd originally removed one of the URLs, but then after some investigation decided that the company being linked to (which required one to register to read the article) caused me too much discomfort. After some investigation, I discovered that the domain name had been registered to what appears to be a mailbox in Mailboxes Etc. at 19528 Ventura Blvd. in Tarzana, California (as opposed to a business suite) and then decided I'd made the right decision. I see now, though, that the domain name registration was updated on April 15 to be hidden, so even more sketchy, in my opinion.

4. JasonRemy

JasonRemy Member

I'm glad you had a nice Easter weekend, so did I.

I'm sorry my post didn't fit your guidelines, I was just trying to participate and I thought I was giving someone a good resource, that's all. As far as the technical things you mentioned, I'm not technical at all, so I'm not sure what you're talking about and can't really respond. It does sound like you've done some research about it all, which I have to admit, I kind of find funny. I've just learned about using discussion forums on the web and my luck, I have to get into it with an admin right off the bat.

Since you love doing your research, I'm sure you already know that I'm from Texas, grew up here all my life. I own a 5 acre plus ranch, where I board horses. That's how I make my living. And I own another 3 acre ranch where I do my organic gardening. That's a project I started more recently so that I can have better produce. My neighbors pitch in as well and we get to share the results.

As you know, I'm sensitive about censorship - basically, I hate it. :-) I do understand that you're doing your job and whatever you need to do, but I'll probably stick to a couple of the other gardening forums I found on the web.

Thanks anyway,
    Jason

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I do love doing my research, particularly when it comes to making sure that people here are directed to places that have potential value and are safe.

We do state up front the following in the always-under-development forum charter:

I did not spend any time researching your personal life.

We do have links to other garden forums, if you're interested in checking others out.

Best of luck to you and your neighbours - sounds like a great community venture.

6. oscar

oscar Active Member

I think you are confusing censorship (censor=one who is authorized to examine books, films etc. and surpress all or part if considered morally or otherwise unacceptable)
    with conscientious moderation. Id rather someone saved me from having my pc infected with viruses or spyware from a site which, by the sounds of it has something to hide.
    So i applaud Daniel for his actions.