British Columbia: Vancouver Swap : Oct 18 09 - Trade Lists

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwest Plant Swaps and Meetups' started by tiger_lily, Sep 18, 2009.

1. westcoastgarden

westcoastgarden Active Member

Re: Vancouver Swap : Oct 18 - Trade Lists

Because we are considering moving next year (who knows, I waffle a lot on that idea) I am concentrating on creating large containers of perennials. Therefore, I am particularly looking for small perennial fillers suitable for containers (but not aggressive spreaders...I get tired of creating a pretty container and three months later rescuing plants from the resident bully).

BTW - Japanese maples make great background plants for containers. I have some I'll bring. I noticed a small red split leaf on someone's list and if it isn't spoken for, I'll take it.

If anyone has one, I'd like a hardy jasmine. I have seen one with yellow leaves I'd like. My hardy jasmine died as a result of last years extreme winter weather.

I'm also interesting in flowering cactus houseplants (not Christmas cactus). I have a large one that produces red flowers the size of my hand in the spring (with yellow centres) They are easy to root and I'd be happy to trade for cuttings of other ones or something else.

~ Katherine

2. boloxis

boloxis Active Member

Ok I just figured I cannot find the address somewhere here, I have already loaded my car with around 10 cultivars of 1 year old Japanese maple grafts and I cannot find the address here. I went around Imperial, Morley and Canada Way and still cannot find any house that looks like its having a plant swap. I just live near Sperling and Imperial. Did somebody bring any JMs there too?

3. forestlover

forestlover Member

boloxis -

Sorry you missed the swap. Didn't you have the street address? The swap was in the back yard, which you couldn't see from the road.

They'll likely be a Spring swap. I'm sure your Japanese maple grafts will be snapped up, in return for plants you'd like.

4. KarinL

KarinL Well-Known Member 10 Years

Darn, Boloxis, I'm really sorry you didn't have the address. It is only given out by private message for reasons of safeguarding the host's privacy.

I agree you will have no trouble finding takers, more likely we will have trouble finding things you want in return!

If you are particularly eager to find homes for your plants in short order, you could always contact someone (again, by private message) who has plants that interest you and arrange to get together privately. Otherwise, I for one look forward to finding something to trade with you in the spring.