Vancouver Annual MUSHROOM SHOW

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Frog, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

The Vancouver Mycological Society's 30th Annual MUSHROOM SHOW
    October 25, 2009 Sunday
    11am – 4pm
    Vandusen Botanical Garden, Floral Hall, West 37th and Oak Street, Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Mushrooms are Everywhere! The show provides displays of identified mushrooms and other fungi, with their edible, poisonous or dubious status. Also we have displays, speakers, slide shows, books and roving experts on cultivation, preservation, gourmet cooking, medicinal use, hunting, ecology, and cultural use. Bring your own specimens for identification!
    info@vanmyco.com, www.vanmyco.com, 604-878-9878 (recorded information) or Anne 604-988-9390
    Admission $3.00, children under 12 free. Wheelchair accessible.
    Parking free.

2. greenboy

greenboy Active Member

I wonder if you guys will do a CD or post a docurama in this site about the Annual Mushroom Show. Something like TED Talks Do. Please do that. It entice people to visit next year, and it work to improve the activity.

3. Frog

Hi Greenboy,
    A good idea, but certainly requiring stoked member volunteer(s) to take this on.
    Current crowd of Show & 30th Anniversary event volunteers are pretty busy with the events they are co-ordinating, so likely a next year idea.
    I think it would be fun! But my plate runneth over, so I'll simply suggest it to see if there is interest.
    cheers
    frog

4. Frog

Which reminds me: Updated event posting:
    The Vancouver Mycological Society's 30th Annual MUSHROOM SHOW
    October 25, 2009 Sunday
    11am – 4pm
    Vandusen Botanical Garden, Floral Hall, West 37th and Oak Street, Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Mushrooms are Everywhere! The show provides displays of identified mushrooms and other fungi, with their edible, poisonous or dubious status. Also we have displays, speakers, slide shows, books and roving experts on cultivation, preservation, gourmet cooking, medicinal use, hunting, ecology, and cultural use. Bring your own specimens for identification!
    At the show you can also sign up for Anniversary events on Oct. 31 and Nov. 1. Join us for a forest walk, visit a mushroom farm, brewery or winery, or Chinatown to learn about Chinese medicinal use of mushrooms.
    info@vanmyco.com, www.vanmyco.com, 604-878-9878 (recorded information)
    Admission $3.00, children under 12 free. Wheelchair accessible.
    Parking free

5. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

Doesn't anybody have a camera? If I was in Vancouver there would be a thousand superb pictures up in one or two days in a form easy to view.

Unfortunately, my area is not mushroom country, and I do miss hunting and photographing them.

6. Frog

Hi Durgan,
    I don't have a shot of last year's Show handy, but here's what I do have:

- frog

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.