TWO Fiddle Leaf Figs w/ Drooping Leaves (but not brown)

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by sgpaal, May 25, 2017.

1. sgpaal

sgpaal New Member

I have two fiddle leaf figs. One (the first 5 pictures) I have had for about 9 months. He has been doing great, growing normal, until just about two weeks ago when I got the second one (last 4 pictures)! Since the first plant was doing well for so long, I put the other plant in a similar location (just one floor up in our apt) and water it in the same way. Now they are both exhibiting similar issues! But to be specific:

First, smaller bush: drooping leaves, none are browning, but there was a little browning a while ago which I think the brown part just fell off at some point. Some of the lower leaves just fell off! No warning! Some leaves have a few lighter spots two new branches (or trunks) have grown, both are leaning. One has no leaves and the other has much smaller, more wrinkly looking leaves than the rest of the plants. I have never moved this plant and again, up until now, he's been so happy! I am not perfect at watering (but that isn't a new thing), I just feel the soil down to see if it's dry, if so, I shower it in our big sink. I have two theories about this guy, one crazier than the other:
    1) The only new thing, was I bought the second plant and they sat next to each other for a few days before I moved the bigger guy to a new location -- could this be it????
    2) The plant hasn't outgrown his pot at all (the pot was probably too big honestly), but maybe the soil has become too compacted so he can't get proper nutrients/water?​

Second, larger bush (or tree - two stalks, but I don't know if they are the same plant or not): almost right away, all this guys leaves were drooping. None are browning, none have fallen off (yet), and there are a few brown spots on the edges of some of the lower leaves.

Attached Files: