Tree ID please?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Hendog, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Hendog

Hendog Member

I am new to this forum and not very well versed in all things botanical. That being said I discovered this site a few years ago and bookmarked it! Only now am I getting around to making use of this resource to help identify a tree in my yard that I enjoy but am completely ignorant of it's type. I believe it is exotic. We have been in this house for nearly 13 years. It was previously owned by people who knew their thing as the yard blooms from spring until fall from it's various types of plants and trees, starting to the East and working towards the West. It's now Fall and this tree has bloomed it's fruit, which the crows and all other species of birds feed on. The bark has a short prickly surface to it, but I have not taken shots of the bark. Attached are two photos to get things started. I'll take more if required.
    I would like to prune the tree since it has gotten to be quite large and would appreciate some advice in that regard.
    Your help is greatly appreciated,
    Henri

Attached Files:

2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Aralia elata. Someone else will have to offer pruning advice.

3. Hendog

Hendog Member

Thank you for the identification! I have now already researched pruning and found some good direction.