British Columbia: Spiderwort with purple flower stems

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by wcutler, Jul 12, 2017.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

This is for appreciation. I was so taken with this group of spiderworts outside the Centennial Lodge at Queen's Park. They are particularly interesting because so often, spiderworts only have a few flowers at a time, but the plentiful purple flower stems on these are almost as colourful as the flowers. I think I have the ID: Tradescantia Andersoniana Group 'Zwanenburg Blue'. In some places, the sepals and leaves have a lot of hairs, and other places there seem to be no hairs at all. I tried to arrange them least hairy to most hairy. That last thumbnail looks fuzzy-out-of-focus but I think it's just fuzzy-hairy.
    TradescantiaAndersonianaGroupZwanenburgBlue_CentennialLodge-QueensPark_Cutler_20170712_152012.jpg TradescantiaAndersonianaGroupZwanenburgBlue_CentennialLodge-QueensPark_Cutler_20170712_151731.jpg TradescantiaAndersonianaGroupZwanenburgBlue_CentennialLodge-QueensPark_Cutler_20170712_151920.jpg TradescantiaAndersonianaGroupZwanenburgBlue_CentennialLodge-QueensPark_Cutler_20170712_151827.jpg TradescantiaAndersonianaGroupZwanenburgBlue_CentennialLodge-QueensPark_Cutler_20170712_151841.jpg

Daniel Mosquin likes this.