Some type of fruit tree?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by jogarden, May 27, 2005.

1. jogarden

jogarden Member

We have this small tree (4 feet, spindly) growing against our house, in a very protected spot. It has some fruiting bodies - and it has some sort of problem.
    The leaves are coming out gnarled.
    Any suggestions for possible id of this and the possible cause of the leaf curl/treatment would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jo

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Leaves look like those of a peach tree. It may have peach leaf curl.

3. Margaret

Margaret Active Member 10 Years

We have similiar problems with a nectareen which grows against a sw facing wall. The branches right against the wall are fairly healthy and some of the fruit which matures there is ok but others become very mildewy. The branches fartherest away from the wall flower but then even the leaves drop with the result that they look dead until the next spring. It has been suggested to me that peaches and nectareens do not do well in areas such as ours ie near the ocean (near Sechelt) without some sort of "roof" over them and lots of air circulation. You may have the same problem and I am sure that someone on the site will have a solution for both of us!

4. jogarden

jogarden Member

Thanks for the help!
    Apparently, peach leaf curl can be treated by spraying with a fungicide in the fall. I will probably do some more research before trying that!
    Thanks again.
    Jo