Identification: Slime Mold? YUCK

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by mtnic, Jun 5, 2009.

1. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

LMAO! That's too funny...good thing no one was playing as a by-stander and got hit by amo. lol
    The more I see the texture? The more it looks like some sort of building material...I'm so glad I contacted Dr.Rundquist cause I think we both were about to go nuts on this.
    Although I can't positively garuntee that's what this is? I think it's safe to remove from you're rock garden if you'd like to now. Maybe spraying the area afterwards really good with a 'Geo Green' soapy spray of some sort too might help.
    I find it interesting the types of bugs I can see in the photos that still live in it after you put the Fungicide on it! The insect world is so amazing.
    If it decides to pop up again though? I have NO idea this time at all what it may be...lol

2. mtnic

mtnic Member

Whatever it is, it is nearly impossible to remove. I think I'm going to have to remove the rocks. I will be back here if it returns! Thanks for all of your time.

3. mtnic

mtnic Member

While I suppose my comment will be deleted as well, I received an email notification of several responses to my thread last year- they were then deleted. I'm curious as to what they said because my bizarre slime mold/jelly lichen/insulation/whatever it is has returned. It looks very similar to the way it did last year. I removed it as well as the rocks last year- somehow it has returned though.......

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years