save my succulent please..:(

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by monsterzproshakk, Jan 13, 2010.

1. monsterzproshakk

monsterzproshakk Member

I'm a gardening dummie here..I'm feeling guilty for not taking good care of my plant.I'm not sure if it's surrounding temperature is unsuitable (in my room near window,once in a with air-cond in my room) or inappropriate amount of water...I hope I can really save my succulent .It's turning brown and dark in color and most of its leaves are wilting...and if only someone can tell me how I can save it,I'll be very thankful..Thank you

Attached Files:

2. SusanDunlap

SusanDunlap Active Member

Sorry to say, this plant looks like it will not survive!

There are many threads at this site on how to care for Aeoniums - talk about propagating from a leaf, light requirements, watering in winter, and less water during their summer rest period...

Hopefully you can get another plant.

3. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Where does one begin?

What kind is it? I am sure Succulents like dry, I recently bought a 'mister' (fine sprayer) for my Jade Succulent.

What is the white bits on top, first glance they could be jackets some menace grub left behind?

Buy a new pot, buy the right mix for Succulents.

Let us know what it is (plant)

4. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Ooh...hate to say it, but I think this one's a goner.

5. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Why has it got double leaf?

It looks to me like its never been turned either at regular intervals.

Monster lives in Ipoh,Perak,Malaysia so why indoors? A shady place in the garden would have been great there, but it would need shade in temps of 33 most days and no breeze....or very little breeze.

Monster, buy a nice little Jade, in summer you can water from below, then in winter use a spray to mist.

This is my Jade. See how dry it is, but look how healthy too the leaves look.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  6. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Your jade looks very cheerful, Katalina!

7. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

It is Togata..very.

The leaves are very thick and leathery.

Its very shiny lol very dry compost. its got four new leaves over the winter. its in an extremely cold window but its very light. Also the snow near the window is giving off more light.

I bought the mister on wednesday and gave it a squirt...haahahaha!

Its very slow growing though but it IS winter.

Thanks Togata your comments are appreciated.

8. monsterzproshakk

monsterzproshakk Member

My botanical knowledge is really limited. i was just browsing around, trying my luck if I could get information or ask for opinions in saving my plant. Thanks for the responses from you all, although my plant can't be saved anymore :(

I"m not such what kind is my succulent. I suspect its scientific name is Aeonium undulatum, I'm not sure. The white bits on top of my succulent?No idea..It just turned that way itself, drying and wilting I suppose.

I'm living in Ipoh,Perak,Malaysia. I'm not sure if you guys know where Malaysia is. It's an asia country, located above Singapore. i put my succulent in my hostel room so it's indoor.

Once again, thank you everyone. I love greeneries so i hope to learn more about the plants whenever have chance too =)

9. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Having had (not at the moment) a Malaysia Wordpress site for a while I learnt some things about the country,

I will take a look at Ipoh,Perak soon.

You could be right about your plant

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Aeonium_undulatum.JPG

But it also looks like one of my 'must have' plants. Look at the right hand picture.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1058/

You are not the only one to lose one of these plants..I did.. that chocolate colored one on the site.

I have lost two but I will buy again in the spring.

Good luck Monster, and send some of that 33 degrees heat lolol!

10. Peperomia

Peperomia Active Member

Poor succulent! It couldn't be save try to take the healthiest leaf and push it in a rooting mix. If it grows you can have your new Aeonium.