Salmon Arm BC to Brantford ON Road Trip

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by Durgan, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

Salmon Arm to Brantford Road Trip

I have been away from the garden from the 29 of June to 11 August 2009. The garden will take a few days to get into shape.

Here are some scenic pictures taken along the route.
    http://www.durgan.org/URL/?ITNNZ

I traveled to Salmon Arm BC and returned on 11 August 2009. On the way West I crossed at Osoyoos BC into Washington State.These pictures were taken along the way on the return trip. My companion was my dog, Neena.

11 August 2009 1400 hours, arrived home in Brantford. Crossed into Canada at Port Huron/Sarnia, ON. Total distance one way about 4000 km. Altogether the trip return was about 8000 km and I travelled to Vancouver and put on another 5000 km touring around BC. Total driving clocked was about 13ooo km.

Return trip.
    Four nights and five days. Salmon Arm to Cranbrook area crossed US border at Roosville. Made distance in US to just below Lethbridge. Slept in a farmers road to a field. 981 km. 7 August.

Next day made North Dakota. 861 km Slept in transformer site. 8 August

Next day made Minnesota. Slept in a Heritage Sign site 885 km. 9 August

Next day made Michigan. 945 km 10 Aug. Slept in Rest Stop near Flint. 10 August.

Beautiful Sunny weather all the way. Never stopped at any junk food places. Ate soy beans, oats, milk and sardines, and some fresh corn and some fruit I bought along the way at grocery stores A very pleasant journey mostly along along US Highway 2.

2. hanna

hanna Active Member 10 Years

since I enjoyed the picture show of the tobacco harvest, needed to see more of your postings
    like this one, beautiful scenery, I'm glad you had a companion -Neena- with you - and great weather-
    Have never been to this part of the world or seen any pictures of it -

a special unique touch are the pictures of the toilet sign, a look inside your car and one of your snacks - funny and personal - thanks for posting a piece of your vacation -

oh, the sunflower field impressive sight

3. Thanks for sharing the photographs of your trek. Especially, the sunflowers.