Rose ID...My first post

Discussion in 'Rosa (roses)' started by Angel23, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Angel23

Angel23 Member

Hello everyone. I'm from the Philippines where the average hottest temperature daily is around 33 deg Celsius. Thid DOES affect the roses...smaller blooms, slightly different color tones, even the scent is affected. Most of the photos on the web are of roses in cooler climates like the USA or Europe so comparisons are oftentimes misleading.

I grow 29 varieties, of which 25 or so are unidentified. I know that most of the varieties that find their way to the Philippines are the older ones, usually those introduced some 20 years ago or earlier. Please help me.

Let me begin with this rose. I first bought this variety way back in 1985.

Growth Habits: Sends out long arching canes, many prickles sort of reddish brown.
    Foliage: Large, medium green, semiglossy
    Blooms: Very double, well-formed, usually coral pink to a light orange, one to a stem
    Fragrance: Slight
    Additional Comments: Seems to like the very hot climate in the Philippines. Blooms hold their color well. Blooms tend to "bow" after the rain. At first I suspected it might be the climber "America". It does send out long canes. However, I read that America has intense fragrance. Somebody told me it might be the grandiflora "Camelot". But I have never seen it produce a cluster of flowers, always one to a stem on long cutting stems.

It is a leggy plant with the usual "bare lower legs" common to many hybrid teas.

Angel

Attached Files:

• UBC3.JPG
      UBC3.JPG
      File size:
      163.8 KB
      Views:
    • UBC2.JPG
      UBC2.JPG
      File size:
      151.4 KB
      Views: