Return to Life

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by urglefloggah, Feb 26, 2009.

1. urglefloggah

urglefloggah Member

Well, as spring approaches Michigan, plants begin to return to life. With the longer day periods, my High School greenhouse is getting some pretty awesome flowering.
    The passion vine was cut back to much this summer, and so it is starting to flower quite literally everywhere. (I think the first photo is quite well taken ;)). The other is a bromeliad (Any I.D.?) that I cut from a free donation. Quite suprised how nice the flower is. And the last is an Aloe that is a few days past prime, but still really nice looking.

Attached Files:

2. Chungii V

Chungii V Active Member

Guzmania sp for the brom, nice pics.

3. James D.

James D. Active Member

High school greenhouse? wow, that is quite impressive. Back when I was in high school we had a greenhouse that had nothing in it and studentswere not allowed in it at all. Are all the plants donations?

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Agreed, very nice!

5. urglefloggah

urglefloggah Member

Well, considering our budget is limited to what the students are able to gather as donations, we pretty much rely on the kindness of strangers (or at least their old plants). But stores and such often are willing to give us plants, and its possible to get nice plants from cheap seeds. We manage nicely.

Its a fun system; I think it adds well to the school. And it offers opportunities that can't be had otherwise.