repotting indoor dracaena marginata

Discussion in 'Plant Propagation' started by dana in pennsylvania, Sep 6, 2009.

1. dana in pennsylvania

dana in pennsylvania Member

I have 3 dracaena that I have determined would look great in one pot. They are different heights and would blend nicely. My wife contends we need the space, since our (my) indoor jungle is out of control. I like reclimation projects, which is why I have the 3 seperate plants. My plants (all) are thriving and some arenearly ceiling height. I look forward to participating in the forums and getting good information. I read somewhere that now may not be the time of year to do the repotting. Why? You should see my clusterin' Fish tail palm I bought for $15!

2. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

best time to do repotting is in spring - just before the summer growing period. this time of year, most plants are going into a dormancy period, so, stressing them by repotting isn't recommended.

3. dana in pennsylvania

dana in pennsylvania Member

thanks, Joclyn. I will wait. does not repotting now apply to all of my plants? I have some that are pot bound, but, should I wait until spring. again, thank you.

4. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

unless they are something that actually grow during the winter months, then, yes, wait until early spring to do the repotting.

if whatever is rootbound is severely so and that's affecting the plant negatively, then it might be good to do the repotting now - even if it's not the ideal time. if you can wait it out, though, i'd try to do that.