propagation problems

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by night hawk, Jun 4, 2016.

1. night hawk

night hawk New Member

I have tried to upload a picture of the little tree that is sprouting from the root that I planted.
    Not sure if the picture uploaded properly or not, --I not sure if I did it right.
    guess I will find out after is post this.
    A local garden center recommended a very strong "post transplant" - "shock reducer" stuff for plants , and it really seemed to have helped alot.
    W
    ithin 24--48 hours fresh green leaves were sprouting from the brown leaf section, and now it is looking pretty good and I am quite happy!
    Anyways, if the picture uploads properly, you can see the brown leaves around the bottom and the fresh green sprouts and leaves on the top.

Attached Files:

2. night hawk

night hawk New Member

Yippy!! The picture upload worked and you can see how brown it was looking around the bottom, and how the fresh green new leaves have sprouted up.
    The root section is decently large, but I am trying to remember if there were many fine "hair" like rootlets on the main root which may have contributed to the leaves turning brown due to not being able to suck up nutrients and water properly.
    The "post transplant" stuff I put on it was basically a root growth stimulant with bit of other stuff also, for the rest of the plant,- from what the gal said at the garden center.
    Anyways it worked quite quickly..

3. Lisa Chen

Lisa Chen New Member

Try Air layering!

4. night hawk

night hawk New Member

I am really happy how this little tree has grown over the summer.
    Now I have to put it in the ground for the winter..
    Any good thoughts on how to increase the over wintering survival rates?
    thanks

Attached Files: