Possible jade plant?

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by jreidsma, Oct 20, 2009.

1. jreidsma

jreidsma Active Member

thanks but I looked up Sedum pachyclados and its leaves had 3 points and looked like a hens and chickens. Right now its winter and there is not alot of light so Im supplying it with as much as posible. When it gets warm outside again I will place it outside in the brightest sun I can find. (by outside I meen my patio porch thing). My mom had the idea of training it to grow along a pole or curly. But that might make it get deformed.

2. Bambi

Bambi Active Member

Definitely some sort of Echeveria, Graptopetalum or Pachyphytum....needs more light for sure. Place it in the sunniest window you have. Then in the late spring cut the elongation off and replant the compact part, they root easily and look much nicer this way.

I wouldn't get too hung up on names...I find these plants are harder to identify when elongated. They're very durable plants, I rarely water mine and they flower every year.

Not to confuse you, but from the first pictures I thought it was Sedum nussbaumerianum due to the yellow colour! But it was just the lighting..

3. jreidsma

jreidsma Active Member

Ya thanks Im starting to not care what plant it is anymore. I have it in a north windowI dont have a east or west window so it will stay there until spring then it can go on my porch which is east facing.