Photo orientation

Discussion in 'The Test Bed' started by wcutler, Oct 16, 2015.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

This is an upload from my Android phone. Doing full image, while I'm at it. PrunusVirginianaSchubert_4thHemlock_Cutler_20151015_132738-onAndroid.jpg

2. wcutler

This is actually demonstrating something else. I can't really reduce the image size on my phone, and after several minutes, my phone is showing half the photo, in the correct orientation, and my computer is showing only a strip across the top. Maybe that's just because of the whole image insertion. Now I am uploading the same photo copied to my computer but not opened and saved in Picasa. The orientation is correct.
    119431-3926a17d8095c3a636872eea7e640f71.jpg

3. wcutler

PrunusVirginianaSchubert_4thHemlock_Cutler_20151015_132738-onAndroid.jpg
    From my phone again. I can't drag the image into the text. Oh, clicking Thumbnail puts it up in the text. Have to be mindful of where the cursor is.

This is telling me that a message has been posted since I loaded this page, and giving me an option to view it.

4. wcutler

Line above signature is much less visible now, would be fine if the line separating the postings could be darker. And thicker.

5. wcutler

Phooey, it let me type a reply, then asked me to log in when I went to include a photo. On the phone. I'm uploading the photo again, expect it will be reduced in size. Phone software has just been updated, so it's a bit of a test of that.

I see max photo size has been increased to 15mb. That's good; this phone has taken some that are over 10mb. I got the photo in the right place now, but it's showing two online, just one upload. Can I fix that if I go to More Options? Yes.

PrunusVirginianaSchubert_4thHemlock_Cutler_20151015_132738-onAndroid.jpg

6. wcutler

Maybe there was an update happening when I did posting number 2, which shows the image inline and the one below that gives the photo details. And now I see the image was already reduced. This works a lot better - clicking the image brings it up right away.

7. wcutler

Miss picky here. On the image below the posting, when you mouse over the hyperlink, the full name pops up. That doesn't happen when you mouse over the inline image (or the image itself below). It's not critical, as I get the full name on the bottom left of my screen.