Peach tree Nutrient/Nitrogen Deficient?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by TheScarletPrince, Jul 22, 2015.

1. TheScarletPrince

TheScarletPrince Member

Hello all,

Interested in some advice for this plant:

#7 A Peach tree that needs a little bit of help, any suggestions? I've looked up the condition on the leaves (brown holes in the leaves) and it is said to be nutrient deficiency (the holes are near the spine and not the edges, as near the edges indicates more of a blight). The inner leaves are green and have no holes, but the new growth does; This leads me to believe it is deficient in nutrients (although we have been giving it that seabird guano, I guess it needs way more? Don't want to damage it.).

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

Looks like a mild case of Coryneum Blight. My peach tree leaves have a lot more holes, and it has affected all of my stone fruit trees.

3. TheScarletPrince

TheScarletPrince Member

Well, that is what is strange. My search resulted in blight being holes near the very tips of the leaves and nitrogen deficiency is near the center, or the spine of the leaf.
    The best way to clear the blight up and prevent it is to have plenty of airflow between all the branches. What makes me believe that this is nitrogen/nutrient deficiency is that the inner leaves are perfectly healthy, green, with no holes. (As you can see on the right side of the last picture). This makes me believe it is nutrient deficient, since it is only the new growth that has issues.

Thoughts?