Origin of Pacific Fire Vine Maple?

Discussion in 'Maples' started by silver_creek, Mar 18, 2010.

1. silver_creek

silver_creek Active Member

Anyone know the origin of this maple? How about some of the other vine maple cultivars showing up these days- Del's Dwarf, Sunny Sister? Branch sports? Seedlings?

2. sasquatch

sasquatch Active Member

3. DelsJapaneseMaples

DelsJapaneseMaples Member

Del's dwarf was baught as a 1gallon Vine maple seedling , out of salem in the 70s' , Glen-del was a sport from a vine maple baught at Handy Nursery, from Glen Handy. so that is why it is named Glen-Del. Those are the Vine maples that my Grandad (Delbert Loucks) redgistered, He has also redgistered eral Japanese Maples, Lemon-lime-lace, Beni-kumo-no-su also known as Red spider web, Beni hoshi, Autumn fire, Laura's love, Emerald lace, Dad's best, and Aka kawa hime. I think pacific fire was a sport off of a vine maple from a nursery in portland, I will ask my grandad in the morning.

4. chimera

chimera Well-Known Member 10 Years

The new maple book has 'Sunny Sister' coming from Talon Buchholz. No origination on 'Pacific Fire', though.

5. DelsJapaneseMaples

DelsJapaneseMaples Member

My grandfather would be the one to ask, He said somthing to me about Pacific fire If you can make a call to the us, to talk to my grandfather. He would be delighted to anwser your questions,

I will give you our email And then His phone so he can answer your questions. You can write him an email asking all your questions

hotmail.com delsjapanesemaples

6. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

The Buchholz ones are on their web site.