orchids

Discussion in 'Orchidaceae (orchids)' started by Malcolm 252544, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Malcolm 252544

Malcolm 252544 Member

please can anyone help? recently moved 4 orchids to a hot house temprature 70far leaves going yellow at base and dropping off .please can you give me some help thanks mal

2. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Photos! Photos! They are probably in shock from being moved.

3. Malcolm 252544

Malcolm 252544 Member

lorax trying again mal

Attached Files:

4. lorax

That looks like textbook environment shock to me. Give them some time to get used to the higher heat in the greenhouse, and they should be OK. The little tear at the base of that one leaf is a bit concerning, though.

5. Malcolm 252544

Malcolm 252544 Member

Lorax I must thank you once again for your fast responce the leaf that has split will know fall off within 2 days,will this plant die after lossing all its leaves. it was a coincidentes we ended up in cardiff garden center in wales today the orchids there were all dropping their leaves and going yellow from the base like ours .they were sell them off at half price , did not by any. well all the verey best mal

6. lorax

It may die if it loses all of its leaves, but the second one looks like it will be Ok, so I wouldn't worry until it starts actually dropping off. This said, I have rescued orchids from just the pseudobulb so you might be alright even if you do lose the second leaf.