Identification: Orange Tubular Flowers

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Eric La Fountaine, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Rising Contributor UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years of Activity

Local Time:
    4:18 PM
    The following was received via email:

PLEASE can anyone help me identify this plant so that I know how to look after it ?
    Thank you,
    Maggie

Attached Files:

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years of Activity

Local Time:
    HI Maggie ..
    well i came across this plant when i was looking in a data base for another plant .. boy i sure did recognize it ..lol.. wierd looking plant but so unique and kool looking .. it is called a Sinningia leucotricha .. ill attach a page for u to look at for care on it . i have never seen this plant b 4 .. nice plant

http://www.bihrmann.com/caudiciforms/subs/sin-leu-sub.asp

good luck with it

Marn

3. maggie azarpey

maggie azarpey Member

Local Time:
    Dear Marn - Thank you so much for your reply - I was just about getting desperate and this certainly looks like my plant. I have been everywhere, including Kew Gardens and the Royal Horticultural Society - which, you will appreciate, for us Brits is like the bibles of plants. I am so grateful to you and am just about to go on the web to find out all about my special plant. Thanks again - Maggie.

4. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years of Activity

Local Time:
    oh u r welcome .. im glad i was able to get a name for it ..i just happen to b looking up another plant for someone else and came across it .. it is a ery unique looking plant nad pretty .. and it is a type of succulant also

good luck with it

Marn