New, how to post an image?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Eric La Fountaine, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

The following was received via email:

I'm new to this. I'm trying to identify a flower and would like to post a picture of it. Can I do that? If so...how? Thanks. Kimbo

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi Kimbo, if you are a registered member of the forums you can post images. The software used for the forums does not allow unregistered users or guests to attach images. If you are registered it is very simple to attach images.

Basically, when posting if you scroll down below the message box you will find Additional Options. Click on Manage Attachments, browse and upload the desired file from your computer. Image does not appear in preview; image will appear after you post your message. (don't forget to upload)

If you did all this and it did not work, make sure yor file is of the filetype allowed by the forums. (They are listed in the Manage Attachments dialog box.) Also if your files are too large they will not upload. A good image size for the forums is 600 by 800 pixels.

Please see these frequently asked questions for more help.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  3. higgihaven

higgihaven Member

LOL... ooops, that is funny. I am new here and my name is Kim. I was looking at this thread to see how to post a picture, and "WOW!" It was like you were talking right to me... I thought it interesting that you were using a rather familiar nickname when I hadn't even talked to you before... OH, I see Kimbo asked a question...lol

Sorry, it is late; I need sleep. But hey, thanks for the good info, so now I can post the picture of the curious vine growing on my porch.

Blessings,
    Kim H.