Natural fugicide

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by carey, Dec 7, 2004.

1. carey

carey Member

Has any one ever heard of using cinnamon sprinkled on your seeds to keep them from rotting??????

Carey
    Kamloops

2. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

3. fourd

fourd Active Member 10 Years

I have heard of using cinnamon powder but can't attest to it working or not.

Owwww I like you siggy :) and sure other can relate. At first I was thinking, since a weed is just an unwanted plant, if you're pulling on it, it must be unwanted and therfor a weed. Of course, I have yet to weed my seedling that I don't end up pulling up more seedlings then weeds :P ... Any way, I'll give you the best siggy award for now...

4. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

Hi Fourd,

Thank you sooo much for the award!! :-) That signature of mine really happened to me. I was pulling weeds in a section of the garden that I had renovated the previous year and planted with a bunch of plants that I had traded for. They were just coming out of the ground like gangbusters. Then I came across a misplaced label and thought, "Gosh I hope these 'weeds' aren't the blue lobelia I was given last year!" So into the house to check out the pictures on the web. Sure enough, it WAS the lobelias! I decided to check my e-mails while I was there and trying to calm down. My son had sent me a bunch of jokes and this was included in them. So, that is how I came to adopt a signature. And now you know the whole story. Oh, and there were enough lobelias left to make me happy.

Feel free to use it too.
    Newt

Newt