More avatars

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

In response to one of the posts in the members-only forums, I've added more avatars (the small picture that is to the left of people's names - in my case, it is the UBC BGCPR logo).

To add / change your avatar: My Settings (in the upper navigation bar) -> Edit Avatar (under Control Panel) -> Select an image and press Go.

If anyone wants to help out and make more (and has access to an image-editing program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro) from the images that are posted by garden researchers / staff, let me know. It'd be great if there were ten times as many.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Thanks to Marn, there are six new avatars available.

(Guilty confession - Marn sent me these in May - but I _am_ going to get through my backlog of emails in the next few weeks)

3. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

But please - don't allow animated gif avatars!

Seen them on some other vBulletin forums, and they're a horrible nuisance and a real pain for people on dial-up

Michael

4. Daniel Mosquin

Agreed - no animated avatars; these have been disabled ever since they could be disabled.

5. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Good choice! This should apply to smilies too if you ever reinstate them. (And no - I'm not asking for reinstatement.) Simple is good.

6. Daniel Mosquin

Aye, it does. Post icons as well, which were used a long time ago.

7. Daniel Mosquin

9 more avatars have been added, courtesy of the efforts of maf.

8. Daniel Mosquin

And another 8, thanks to maf.

To see them, My Settings -> Edit Avatar

9. Daniel Mosquin

Thanks to lorax, the number of standard avatars has more than doubled -- 43 new ones.

Cheers.