Microflora

Discussion in 'Plants: Science and Cultivation' started by philpense, Oct 15, 2013.

1. philpense

philpense New Member

Greetings:

I write to inquire if pure lines of scented roses are maintained in North America. Have contacted botanical societies who can only refer this item to others. Have a short list of 28 roses worth seeing in person but no way to locate.

Additionally, I write to inquire about the benign microbes that are found on the rose. What would the microflora contain? Guidance sought

Phil Pense
    Washington, D.C.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

The first seems like a better (i.e., more targeted) question for this forum:

Rosebreeders.org (the Rose Hybridizers Association Forum).

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

As for the question about microbial flora, I suggest contacting a researcher directly for the most efficient answer. Maybe someone like Dr. Larry Barton, who is the lead author on a recent book on Microbial Ecology (one of the chapters is about Interactions between Microorganisms and Plants).