Maple Society membership acceptance

Discussion in 'Maples' started by kgeezy20, Dec 25, 2016.

1. kgeezy20

kgeezy20 Active Member Maple Society

Hi everyone, Merry Christmas!

A Maple Society membership was gifted to me today. The gifter sent a check this past Thursday, December 22 to the appropriate address. Approximately how long does it usually take to receive and process my membership request, and how will I be notified that it has?

All the best,

Kyle

2. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Merry Christmas and welcome to the Society Kyle! We're a small association but there are (currently) 2 parts, the North American Branch (NAB) and the International Branch which is based in the UK. (Other branches may be added as administratively required.)

I guess once the holidays are over your membership will be dealt with. The winter newsletter only recently went out, so it will be nearly 3 months until the spring edition which I expect you will get. I don't know if any other notification is provided.

I'm still trying to deal with the separate member lists, which will provide you access (for what it's worth, though I hope it will soon be more interesting) to the private MS forum here under the UBC forums. @AlainK is the forum moderator and will provide you access eventually. In the meantime check out the Facebook pages for The Maple Society and The Maple Society - North American Branch. The latter has some pretty active conversations and posts by members, the former has lots of pictures and info about maples. (There are also nice groups called IIRC "Japanese Maples" and "Maples" which are unconnected to the MS, although many members post there).

Again welcome! cheers,

-Emery

kgeezy20 likes this.
  3. kgeezy20

Thanks very much, Emery. I am quite excited to receive the newsletters and participate in the seed exchange next fall, and, of course, I am most looking forward to continuing to learn from people like yourself and seeing others' beautiful maples!

4. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

5. kgeezy20

Good info. I will follow those steps as soon as I have received notification of my membership.