Looking for Anthurium Arisaemoides

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by Charlesbrooks, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Charlesbrooks

Charlesbrooks Member

I would like to know, does anyone have Anthurium Arisasaemoides for sale?

2. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Charles, please read photopro's post about anthurium blight, if you have not already done so.

3. Charlesbrooks

Charlesbrooks Member

Thank you for information!

4. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

Anthurium arisaemoides is available from Ecuagenera in Ecuador. They will ship from any of the U.S. plant shows where they exhibit but you'll likely have to wait a few months to get the plant. I buy plants from Ecuagenera all the time and have yet to get a bad one although they commonly come in with torn leaves so don't expect a perfect specimen.

I would not be worried about Ecuagerna's plants since they grow them in a natural setting in the southeastern mountains of Ecuador. The blight has been worse for ornamental plants although it can affect any Anthurium as well as other aroids. The problems appear to arise largely from poor greenhouse sanitation but also from crowded plants and other causes. By the way, I know Ivan and Pepe personally and they don't sell wild collected plants. Instead, they grow plants in three large nurseries which are then legally exported.

Just today I leaned the blight is likely dormant in every collection in the country right now so all we can do is be more fastidious about the way we care for our plants as well as cut off any leaf that begins to turn yellow, especially from the edges.

You can send an email to Elizabeth at this address: sales@ecuagenera.com I just received their current price list on Friday and the plant now sells for $20 plus shipping charges. They also charge a packing charge so my guess is you'll be looking at an eventual price of $35.00 to $40.00. You can cut the cost by ordering other plants at the same time. Just ask Elizabeth and she will send you a full price list.

Their website is here: http://www.ecuagenera.com/epages/wh...=/Shops/ecuagenera/Categories/Tropical_Plants

5. Charlesbrooks

Charlesbrooks Member

Thank you, I'm requesting a pricelist today.

6. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member