Jordan, wild flowers and Garden flowers

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by alzubide, Jun 20, 2009.

1. alzubide

alzubide Active Member

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Thank you alzubide,

Those are beautiful photos. The huge landscapes covered in bloom are amazing.

3. emeraldgreenivy

emeraldgreenivy Member

Hi, i also live in Jordan, and i have just bought some sempervivum seeds aka "hens and chicks" online.
    I Did not buys the live plants which were also available because i thought that they would not allow plants though customs. How do you bring in plants from outside of Jordan?
    Thanks,
    M. M. Zaky

4. alzubide

alzubide Active Member

IYou can’t get plants in quantity to Jordan,( if you want to buy quantities then you need to get it in via an agriculture company like Taha And Qashou for agreed charges) the customs is not strict in these things if you carry a plant or two in your hands, usually I go to the nurseries in Jordan and I look for the verities which are rare in home gardens and I buy it and then try to propagate it , also we have a lot of plants imported from Europe , which imported as bare rooted/ plugs/ rooted cutting like geranium and fuchsia and they grow them in the nursery, you can find it in West Amman mainly, some of the nursery like Taha and Qashou, Baqah, Dabbas, etc,

If you mean Echeverrias aka Hen and Chicks, we have a lot in Jordan, and very easily propagated, buy one and you can make 50 in one year.

If you have any more questions I be happy to answer

5. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Wow - those pics are gorgeous!

: )

6. johnnyjumpup

johnnyjumpup Active Member

Yes, lovely photos. Pretty lady's slipper. Didn't know the black iris was the national flower. What is the tree with the glaucus leaves, two green fruits and a cluster of cuplike buds and flowers (046.JPG, second page near bottom)?

The flowers and buds are intriguing, remind me of Kalmia's though obviously different.