Is there only one way to grow an Anthurium?

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by photopro, Oct 27, 2007.

1. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

Had to borrow a computer to post this, We're 3 hours from home.

During the night I received a note from an individual whose opinion I greatly respect. I was told there were errors in the Anthurium primer I posted. The writer indicated there were more ways to grow this genus than we pointed out. Problem is, no suggestions were made to improve the text. This primer was written solely to be an introduction to Anthurium. It was never intended to be the final word! If anyone, especially those who are very knowledgeable on this forum, have a different opinion or additional information, please post it!

The goal is to be accurate and exchange information. It is not to impose my opinions or those of the people who helped in the writing and editing of this piece. Please be aware the article was reviewed by several experts in the field of Anthurium growth but none of us claim to be the final authority. I value your input. So please post it here or at the end of the appropriate section. Let's learn together!

http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=32905

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  2. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Yes that's right Steve. This is for everyone to learn off everyone else, different ideas, information etc. So if there is any information that is incorrectly posted on here, please correct it. All my aroids are grown in the ground at present, as I am not game to transplant mature specimens, however as I purchase smaller one's I will give it a go then. As Mick said on another thread...."so many epiphytes, not so may trees" or words to that effect

Ed