Identification

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Jeannette, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Jeannette

Jeannette New Member

20171011_165010.jpg 20171011_165032.jpg 20171011_164920.jpg 20171011_164950.jpg 20171011_165019.jpg Could anyone tell me the name of these plants.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Looks like Cyperus papyrus.

Daniel Mosquin likes this.
  3. Jeannette

Jeannette New Member

The description says this grows in shallow water but when I saw these they were in regular large pots ,no standing water, with other plants. Have you seen this before

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I've seen them growing in large containers in a greenhouse but they may have been sitting in a shallow pool. I suppose it's possible to grow them regularly if you water them often enough.

5. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

They grow in zone 8-10, so not outside around here. Outside, they are often (usually?) planted around ponds. I'd think the leaves would go brown if they are not getting the water they want. I used to have one, which I had to divide several times, and which I gave away after it burst the large thick plastic pot it was growing in (which I had sitting inside another pot with water, which need refilling every few days). I thought of getting the largest size metal soup pot from a restaurant supply place, but I didn't fancy doing more dividing of such a large plant.