I really like OFrostedS

Discussion in 'Maples' started by copperbeech, Jun 20, 2016.

1. copperbeech

copperbeech Active Member 10 Years

I have had this small specimen for now 3 seasons. It has done well to make it through these winters but I was resigned to losing it after seeing lots of rabbit damage in the late winter. But all is good and it is quite healthy:

Attached Files:

2. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Think this is a cracking little cultivar, planted one out last year and it's doing very well then i have another two to go out shortly, the one in the ground is putting very strong side growth on at present and it certainly lives up to it's name re the colours.

On a side note on your picture what is the plant growing to the bottom right of your tree , it's the one with the heart shaped green leaves with a red edging? like the look of that.

3. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

That's so funny. I was going to post a query here about the one on the bottom left! I posted it separately and got the name Macleaya microcarpa. I think the one with the red edges looks like Epimedium x rubrum, but you should let copperbeech give you a better answer.

4. copperbeech

copperbeech Active Member 10 Years

What you see is the last leaf of Sanguinaria Canadensis Multiplex "Double Bloodroot". The plant really should be dormant by now but for some reason this leaf is not only visible but crazy big. (Beautiful white flowers in the early spring).

It is an epimedium but I think it might be "Cherry Hearts" (white flowers).

wcutler likes this.
  5. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Thanks. Very different flowers. If I had just asked you, I'd have assumed incorrectly that the plant at the UBCBG garden was that.