I killed a John Keats rose, and the new one is not living either

Discussion in 'Rosa (roses)' started by buggirlx, Jun 11, 2008.

1. buggirlx

buggirlx Member

My Rosa 'Meiroupis' COLETTE or John Keats is having problems. I planted it on May 22, but it refuses to show new growth. I looked up the rose and read things like impossible to kill, but I killed my first one. The first one I planted was bareroot, and it was doing ok, but the dog dug it up, and when I replanted it, it got worse. Then in the wet spring last years it got so many aphids, I could not remove them, and I tried a spray that said Safe will not harm plants, and then it really did die so. The new one is not bareroot, so I am trying again, but I am very nervous. I planted a cheap unnamed yellow hybrid tea, I found dying at rite aid for 7.99, because I felt sorry of it, and this one has taken off, and is huge now, in just one year. I am not a bad rose grower. I just cant imagine what else I can do. I tried miracle grown and nothing happened. Maybe this rose is actually fussy?

2. buggirlx

buggirlx Member

No replies. I thought this might be a good place because I read some other rose advice here. Anyway, the rose started to grow and it is ok now. Thank you for you time.