Hybrid multiflora

Discussion in 'Rosa (roses)' started by 1950Greg, Sep 7, 2009.

1. 1950Greg

1950Greg Active Member

Langley, B.C. Stones throw from old HBC farm.
    I am looking for some help in identifing this rose. The closest I can come is Seven Sisters, are there any rosarians out there that grow this rose who could help me. I took some cuttings from a plant growing on a vacant lot last winter and they all took off like crazy. One of them that I planted in the garden in the spring has grown between 12 and 14ft. already. Here are some pictures of the parent plant taken in the summer.

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Resembles 'Dorothy Perkins'. There are many of these growing in similar situations here.

3. valleygardener

valleygardener Active Member

Many roses are not "named roses." This could be a chance seedling. In the beginning, all roses were chance crosses by wind, insects, birds etc. until it was discovered that man could do the same choosing the parents. It's possible that your rose is a "one of a kind" chance seedling.

However, if you haven't done so, you could try http://www.rosarianscorner.com, where you will find a few experts who may be able to help.

4. 1950Greg

1950Greg Active Member

Langley, B.C. Stones throw from old HBC farm.
    I have posted these pictures on the Rosarianscorner without any bites so far. I was hoping that someone from California where Seven Sisters is reported to grow around old homesteads. Yes Ron it does resemble Dorothy Perkins. My thought is that it's a multiflora hybrid but maybe I should look at some wichuraiana hybrids.