How to make Bougainvillea blossom?

Discussion in 'Vines and Climbers' started by Gloria H, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Gloria H

Gloria H Member

I am new to these forums and this is my first post. I live in the tropics and purchased several bougainvillea plants. Some are in pots and some I planted in the ground several months ago. The plants all seem to be growing very tall and the leaves look very healthy but I have no new blossoms. Since the blossoms and vivid colors is why I bought the plants in the first place I am disappointed to only have green leaves. I have purned them back several times in the last few months but I still don't have blossoms. What do I need to do to get blossoms? Sorry, I just found out how to post and discovered this is not the place to post it. I will try to follow the instructions again and put it in the right place. Thank you

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

3. jeanneaxler

jeanneaxler Active Member

I think you may be pruning too much.

4. Gloria H

Gloria H Member

Re: Updated: How to post a message

Thank you so much for the suggestion of the website. I will certainly check it out. I'm sure it will be a good place to start learning how to take care of these plants that I really do enjoy. Thank you - Gloria H

5. Gloria H

Gloria H Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I will wait a while and see if the new growth blooms.