How and when to plant these in BC?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by vicarious1, Oct 21, 2012.

1. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Hi Thank you for your research. I don't know the reason....is it to show that I was wrong? Maybe I should work for that dpt ...I could not not remember the date two years ago. BUT I am sure it was that day as it all came as a surprise
    and I'd like to insist..I can read a thermometer and ours showed -17C here on Willingdon heights in the morning a 6am and the wind was blowing quite strong
    It killed many of our favorite plants.

2. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

I didn't notice this.

A while after I last posted there was a day or two of snow here, as some of you will know. A number of people in my work area live in Burnaby and on the first day they spoke of the low temperatures at their homes. I gathered some data from them and it was indeed dramatically lower than at my place out towards UBC. Just shows how little reliance one can place on data for areas like "Vancouver".

3. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Interesting next time ( if it happens again and I don't hope so!) I will take a photo of the thermometer. Funny normally I document nearly everything interesting or unusual but that morning I was more concerned with the survival of the garden plants.